IMPROVE FLAVOURS, LDA. is committed to protect your privacy and personal data, acting in accordance with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016), the Personal Data Protection Law (Law No 58/2019 of 8 August) and other applicable legislation.
Users personal data, colected in the website, is used in accordance with the principles of transparency and to ensure that we provide the best possible service.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
IMPROVE FLAVOURS, LDA., with registered office at Rua D. Afonso Henriques 77, 2150-165 Golegã PORTUGAL, Legal Person No 514 114 754, is responsible for Personal Data Processing in accordance with the GDPR and other applicable legislation.
IMPROVE FLAVOURS, LDA. pledges to use users’ personal data only for the purposes notified to the said users, and always in a safe and responsible manner.
PERSONAL DATA WE CAN COLLECT AND HOW WE COLLECT THEM
With regard to this website, we collect the personal data of users through cookies during visits to the site, in accordance with the cookie settings defined on your browser. If you wish to find out more about cookies, such as how we use them and the options at your disposal, we suggest you read our Cookies Policy and Terms and Conditions of Use for this website. We also collect user data when you contact us via this website, for example, by e-mail. Data collection always requires prior consent.
We may also receive the personal data of users from other companies, more specifically when they collect, process or store such data when providing services to us.
WHY AND WITH WHAT LEGITIMACY DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We are allowed to use your personal data for different purposes: The main reason is the possibility to use our services or functionalities provided, although there are other reasons where we are allowed to used your personal data, such as when we reply to user questions or after consent has been given to send our newsletters, etc.
Depending on how you interact with this website, i.e., depending on the services, products or functionalities you wish to use, we will process the personal data of users for the following purposes:
- To satisfy any requests you may make - we only process the personal data which is strictly required to manage or resolve your request.
- For marketing purposes. This purpose includes the processing of your data, mainly:
• Insofar as you consent to receive news and communications from IMPROVE FLAVOURS, LDA., we will process your personal data to manage such requests, including the sending of personalized information on our products or services through different means (such as e-mail, MMS or SMS).
• Please bear in mind that such processing of data does not mean that any analysis of your user profile will be performed to determine your preferences or which products and services are more suitable for you when we send you information.
• Please also remember that you can request the cancellation of such services at any time and at no charge by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
• To conduct promotional actions (e.g. to organise fairs, competitions, to send your list of saved items to an e-mail you provide us with).
• By participating in any promotional action, you authorise us to process the data you have provided on the basis of each promotional action and to communicate them via different means such as social networks or this website. Every promotional action you take part in will provide the terms and conditions where we will give more detailed information on the processing of users’ personal data.
- Analysis of functionality and quality to improve our services, if you access our website, we notify you that we will NOT process user browsing data for analytical and statistical purposes, i.e., to understand how users interact with the website and thus be able to improve it. Additionally, on certain occasions, WE MAY conduct quality surveys and actions so as to understand the degree of customer and user satisfaction and detect any areas where we could improve. However, in such cases you will be informed in detail of any possible processing of your personal data.
Processing of users’ personal data by IMPROVE FLAVOURS, LDA. is legal when at least one of the following situations is seen:
• If you have given your explicit consent for the processing of processing data for one or more specific purposes;
• The processing is necessary to execute a contract to which you are party or for pre-contractual proceedings at your request;
• The processing is necessary to comply with a legal requirement to which IMPROVE FLAVOURS, LDA. is subject;
• The processing is necessary to defend your vital interests or those of another natural person;
• The processing is necessary for purposes of legitimate interests pursued by IMPROVE FLAVOURS, LDA. or by third-parties (except if your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms prevail, requiring that your personal data be protected).
IMPROVE FLAVOURS, LDA. pledges to ensure your personal data are only processed as set out above and will full respect for the principles of data protection.
When personal data is processed by IMPROVE FLAVOURS, LDA. based on your consent, users have the right to withdraw consent at any time. However, withdrawal of consent does not compromise the legality of processing by IMPROVE FLAVOURS, LDA. based on your prior consent.
HOW WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA SAFE
We have a variety of information security measures, in line with best practices nationally and internationally to protect the personal data of users, including technological, administrative, technical, physical and procedural measures that ensure the protection of your personal data, preventing misuse, unauthorized access and disclosure, loss, improper or inadvertent alteration, or unauthorized destruction.
We would like to highlight the following measures:
• Restricted access to your personal data only by those who need it for the purposes set out above;
• Storage and transfer of personal data only in a secure manner;
• Protection of information systems through devices that prevent unauthorised access to your personal data;
• Implementation of mechanisms which ensure that the integrity and quality of your personal data is safeguarded;
• Permanent monitoring of information systems with the goal of preventing, detecting and impeding the misuse of your personal data;
• Redundancy of personal data storage, processing and communication equipment, to avoid loss of availability.
HOW LONG DO WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We store the personal data of users only for as long as it’s necessary to fulfil the defined purposes, in accordance with the criteria defined by the GDPR and other applicable legislation.
Once the maximum conservation period that we have defined is reached, user personal data will be anonymised or destroyed/safely deleted.
WHO CAN WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH?
In some cases, we may disclose your personal data to subcontractors, with respect to services provided by them (e.g. information technology services, communication sending services, customer support services).
In such cases, we require that these subcontractors have adequate security measures in place to protect your personal data.
HOW YOU CAN EXERCISE YOUR RIGHTS
Users can exercise the following rights:
1. Right to information: request additional information about the use we make of your personal data;
2. Right of Access: access or request access to the personal data you have provided to us;
3. Portability Right: request the transmission of the personal data you provided to us;
4. Right of Rectification: request the correction or update of your personal data;
5. Right to Erase: request the deletion of your personal data, when the law or the contract allows;
6. Right of Limitation: request limitation in the way we use your personal data, while we correct them or clarify any doubts about their content or about the use we make of them;
7. Right of Opposition: we provide a channel for you to challenge decisions that are based on your personal data.
You also have the right to withdraw or change, at any time, the consent you have given us to use your personal data, when such consent has legitimized the use of such data.
To exercise your personal data protection rights, or whenever you have any questions about the use we make of your personal data, users are requested to contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Complaints may be submitted to the Comissão Nacional de Proteção de Dados (CNPD) (National Data Protection Commission (NDPC)) – Address: Av. D. Carlos I, 134, 1º, 1200-651 Lisbon – Telephone: +351213928400 – Fax: +351213976832 – Email: email@example.com.
Updated version on 08/30/2022